This recipe is the easiest taco salad ever and is paleo, Whole30 and gluten-free friendly! It can be made in 15 minutes and requires only 5 ingredients.
The only ingredient that requires cooking is the ground beef. You can cook up 2-3 pounds on Sunday and use it to take to work with you for lunches all week! WIN!
Cook up ground beef (preferably grass-fed) in the skillet with the spices. Put spices in before you drain the grease. While that is cooking chop up romaine lettuce (you can use spinach if you prefer). To chop the romaine you can use a lettuce chopper (this is what I use) or you can just a chef knife! I like to use the lettuce chopper because it makes it into nice little strips and it seems like you’re eating Chipotle! Once that is done, set aside. Chop up avocado into cubes. Set aside. Chop green onions in small pieces (you can use lettuce chopper for this as well!). Set aside. Once ground beef is finished, drain and set aside.
Store all leftover ingredients in separate containers in the refrigerator. You now have lunch for a couple of days!
- 1 lb ground-beef (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 head romaine lettuce (or kale/spinach)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag Terra Plantain Chips
- 1-2 Tbsp Tessemae's Balsamic Dressing
Ground beef seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- ½ Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp chipotle seasoning
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 pinch of Salt and Pep
- Cook ground beef on skillet over medium heat with seasonings until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, chop romaine lettuce and green onion and avocado. Set aside.
- Once meat is finished, drain and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl starting with lettuce, beef, plantain chips, avocado, and green onion.
It is also super easy to put into a mason jar for easy transport for on-the-go lunches! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it! Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list to get updates every Monday with posts like this!