I LOVE crispy chicken- but hate the junk that comes along with it. If you have almonds, eggs and chicken, you can whip up your own crispy chicken in under 20 minutes!
Almond Crusted Chicken
This is a super simple and healthy way to get crispy chicken without all the junk.
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup almonds
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, process almonds until you have a powder/crumbs.
- Add almonds to a plate. Break the egg onto a second plate, and scramble.
- Cut the chicken breast in half by slicing it down the length of it.
- Coat the entire chicken breast with egg by dipping it on both sides
- Dip the coated chicken breast into crushed almonds
- Repeat for each chicken breast. Place chicken breast on pan and cook at 350 until chicken is almost cooked through (about 8- 10 min)
- Take chicken and grill on skillet coated in olive oil to desired crispness
This chicken pairs well with any vegetables!