This is one of my FAVORITE things to eat in the summer. Grilled chicken is just amazing. Pair with some fries and broccoli that require little to no prep.
BBQ Chicken Night
Quickly grill your chicken with barbecue sauce, throw in some frozen fries, and steam some broccoli. Voila- easy peasy dinner option.
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast free range organic is best, organic conventional is second best
- 3-4 tbsp barbecue sauce kinders organic is a great brand from Costco
- garlic salt cover chicken before grilling, favorite brand is Trader Joes
- 1 package frozen sweet potato fries Alexia brand is great quality
- 1 package frozen organic broccoli Frozen organic is best (my favorite is to buy in builk at Costco)
- 1 tbsp butter/ghee Kerry gold butter is best
- 1 tbsp salt or garlic salt
- Cover each chicken breast with garlic salt
- Grill until almost done
- Slather the barbecue sauce on the chicken when there is about 2 min left (this keeps it from burning on the grill)
- Follow instructions on package
- Throw frozen broccoli in a steaming pot
- cover with garlic salt or salt and butter
- stir to coat evenly
This is a super easy dinner you can prepare very quickly and know that your family is getting great nutrition! Grill the chicken, throw in the fries in the over, and steam the broccoli on the stove. You can also roast the broccoli in the oven if you like, but frozen broccoli typically isn’t great to roast because of the water making it soggy. I’d recommend getting fresh broccoli to roast.