This recipe has 7 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to make.
This has become one of my “go-to” recipes each week. I love having shredded chicken on hand to throw on top of a salad or throw in a wrap for an easy, healthy lunch. I make a big batch and save it for the entire week. It’s also Whole30 which is a plus!!
It’s so versatile! My favorite products to use with this are Maria and Ricardo’s Sprouted Grain Tortillas, Sieté Taco Seasoning, and Tessemae’s Ranch Dressing. I also love to top with almonds and plantain chips!
Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 packet Siete Taco Seasoning Mild
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Rub the seasoning all over the chicken breast
- Set Instant Pot to sauté setting
- Pour oil into instant pot along with fresh garlic
- Let garlic cook 2-3 minutes- until fragrant
- Add chicken and cook on each side for about 1 minute- enough to let seasoning settle into the meat
- Turn off sauté setting and pour in chicken broth, orange juice, and salt
- Set instant pot to Pressure Cook setting for 12 minutes( if frozen chicken cook 15-20 minutes)
- Set broiler setting of oven on high
- Pull chicken out once done, and shred.
- Spread shredded chicken on pan and lightly sprinkle with oil. Take the excess juice from instant pot and pour over chicken to keep it moist.
- Broil chicken on high for 5 minutes or until to desired crispiness